Madison's Birthday:

June 8, 2010

From the Word:

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart." Jeremiah 1:5

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14

Friday, April 9, 2010

Madison's First Visit to Vanderbilt

Madison is going to be a special baby who requires special care from now until she's born. We saw Dr. Bennett from Vanderbilt for the first time on February 12, 2010. At this visit Dr. Bennett confirmed Madison does has spina bifida but the dr. felt the spinal lesion is very low on her spine- which is a good thing. Such a lesion will mean Madison will need surgery to close her spine within hours of her birth. We still don't know everything about this defect but we were encouraged by Dr. Bennett's report and Madison will continue to be monitored closely throughout her development to check for any other abnormalities. But praise the Lord that Madison's heart, stomach, kidneys, and feet are all in great shape at this point- these organs are sometimes negatively affected by spina bifida. Check out the link for the Spina Bifida Association (at the top of the page) to learn more about this birth defect.

No comments:

Post a Comment