Madison's Birthday:

June 8, 2010

From the Word:

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart." Jeremiah 1:5

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14

Friday, April 9, 2010

Girlfriend is Tiny

At our visit with Dr. Bennett on March 17, 2010, we discovered that Madison appears to be a little underweight. She weighed in at 1 lb. 12 oz. and she should be closer to 2 lb. 2 oz. at this point. We tried not to be too concerned but we were so hoping that she was growing like crazy and overcoming some of her problems. She's become way more active, kicking and rolling around, which makes us feel like she is developing and her spinal defect is not affecting her lower limb function. We will continue to believe this and draw comfort from it, despite the doctors telling us it is a reflex action that Madison can't control. Madison's brain ventricles are also beginning to dilate which indicates hydrocephalus will develop. This isn't good news but we know God is still working on her and is in control of her development. If the hydrocephalus becomes a serious concern, Madison will be delivered early so that fluid doesn't put pressure on her brain and cause brain damage. These two concerns will be monitored closely over the last months of the pregnancy. We're praying that when we go back to Vanderbilt on April 15th that Madison has grown tremendously and that the ventricle dilation has stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment