Madison's Birthday:

June 8, 2010

From the Word:

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart." Jeremiah 1:5

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14

Friday, April 9, 2010

Madison Loves Music!

So, we've been playing music for Madison for her to listen to. There isn't any concrete proof that playing music for a baby in the womb makes him/her smarter but there are definitely some benefits. You can read the excerpt below from Pregnancy Today for more information. Madison's playlist includes some Elvis and Dave Matthews Band as well as some favorite classical pieces. She is very responsive to the music and has even kicked in time to the music a couple of times- no lie.

Prenatal Music Stimulation: is a method that uses stimuli such as sounds (mother's voice and musical ones), movement, pressure, vibrations and light to communicate with a developing baby prior to birth. While in the womb, Baby learns to recognize and respond to different stimuli, which leads to encouragement of physical, mental and sensory development. Stimulation exercises will allow Baby to communicate with you and your spouse/partner through her movement in the womb, establish a relationship between specific stimuli (such as your voices) and, most importantly, help develop her memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment