Madison's Birthday:

June 8, 2010

From the Word:

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart." Jeremiah 1:5

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14

Friday, April 9, 2010

Great Visit at Vandy

On February 24, 2010 we traveled once again to Vanderbilt to meet with Dr. Bennet, our new OB for the remainder of the pregnancy. We also got to meet Dr. Tulipan, the neurosurgeon who will perform surgery on Madison when she is born. There is no doubt that God has placed these amazing doctors in our lives to care for our little girl- there simply is not a better group of medical professionals than these doctors and we completely trust them and their ability to care for Madison. Dr. Tulipan was able to answer a lot of questions about Madison's prognosis which helped us find some peace about the whole situation. Madison will likely experience some lower limb weakness and bladder dysfunction as a result of this birth defect. She may have some coordination and balance problems but therapy can help her develop control over her muscles. Doctors do believe that she will develop hydrocephalus (fluid on the brain) although she shows no sign of it at this point. We continue to pray that God performs a miracle in Madison and heal her but we are so excited that she is growing and we will love her no matter what challenges she may or may not have.

No comments:

Post a Comment