Madison's Birthday:

June 8, 2010

From the Word:

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart." Jeremiah 1:5

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14

Monday, January 17, 2011

Madison's First Christmas

The six months between Madison's birth and her first Christmas passed so quickly and we were so excited to be celebrating this holiday with our sweet girl.

Madison had her own Christmas tree in her room. It truly brought my heart joy to watch her as she saw it for the first time- her little eyes got so big- it was as if she was thinking, "What is this amazing, shiny thing in my room?" Nana (Linda, Dustin's mom) bought her two Baby's 1st Christmas ornaments to hang on her tree. The rest of the ornaments were decorative balls and ornaments I made from paper and ribbon. Grammy (my mom) and I, two of the most sewing-challenged people to ever live, somehow managed to cut and sew a tree skirt with fabric left over from Madison's bedding that was made. We were so proud, and though Madison didn't care about it, I will be sure to let her know one day that we lovingly put that tree skirt together so her little tree would look pretty in her room.


Up until Madison arrived, Christmas holidays have always been divided between my family and Dustin's family in Chattanooga and Brentwood, respectively. We decided this would be the last year to travel to each family for Christmas since we'll be having Christmas at our house with Madison next year. Before Christmas we spent time with Dustin's family and officially kicked-off Madison's holiday season with a trip to Cool Springs Mall to have her picture made with Santa. We were in line for 50 minutes waiting to get to the see the Big Guy. While waiting, Dustin and I were discussing how he must have the most miserable job in the world. Santa's cheeks were rosy but I'm pretty sure it's because he was about to melt in the hot, velvet suit he was wearing. But he was a pretty Santa, nonetheless. Madison woke up just minutes before we put her in Santa's lap so she had a pretty zoned out expression on her face. But I thought it turned out to be a precious picture and I cried when I saw it for the first time.


Some of Dustin's family came over to his parent's house on Christmas Eve for dinner and a mini-Christmas. Madison was showered with gifts and it was fun for a while but she wore herself out and zonked out in Aunt Diane's lap from all the excitement.


To our surprise, we woke up on Christmas morning to find a white Christmas outside the windows. I could not have been more thrilled that Madison's first Christmas was a white one.


We bundled up Peanut and headed over to Uncle Stacy and Aunt Marilyn's house for Christmas morning festivities. Madison got some super cute clothes and awesome toys from the family and we all enjoyed a wonderful Christmas morning breakfast.


On Christmas afternoon we drove to Chattanooga to spend the next few days with my family. Madison had fun spending time with all her cousins and she got some more cool gifts. A couple of my favorite things she got was a voice-recorded storybook of The Night Before Christmas that Madison's great-grandmother recorded for her. She also got a very cool kick and play piano that attaches to the foot of Madison's crib for her to kick at and work her legs.

All in all, Madison's first Christmas was wonderful- we just felt exhausted though from the traveling. No longer can Dustin and I just pack up and go out of town with one overnight bag. The amount of stuff we had to pack to be gone for 10 days was unreal and we were pooped after loading it, unloading, and reloading it over and over. She needs her own set of luggage!

We are blessed with wonderful, loving families who took the time to make Madison's first Christmas a special one. Since we will be in our own home next year, we look forward to beginning new family traditions with Madison that will help her to learn the true meaning of Christmas and celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Madison will be 1 1/2 yrs old next Christmas so I can't wait to watch her experience Christmas in a whole new way.

As of today's blog date...only 348 days til Christmas 2011!

Be blessed!

~Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment