Madison's Birthday:

June 8, 2010

From the Word:

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart." Jeremiah 1:5

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Madison's Therapeutic Devices

Just thought I'd post a few pics of Madison doing some of her therapy. She has an excellent physical therapit, Christine Taylor of Theraplay, who works hard to help whip Madison into shape.
This is Madison in her walker. She took her first assisted steps on June 22, 2011. One has been ordered for Madison for us to have for home use. I better start padding the furniture. I think she'll be a wild driver like her Daddy!

Madison also has a stander. This is to help her learn what it's like to put weight on her feet. She has to stand it 2 times a day for an hour each time. It has wheels so we can push around the house, which she loves, and has a nice play area for toys on top.

This is a great pic of how the stander works. You can see that she gets strapped in at two points and you can also see that Madison got tired of standing and decided to nap standing up.

I hate that the rest of Madison's life will likely involve some sort of contraption or device. But I'm so glad equipment like this exists to help her. And I'm so blessed that we have a therapist like Christine that recognizes how truly special our girl is and works so hard to make her the best Madison she can be. She is going to do amazing things, people. I just know it!

Ironically, it's time to get Madison out of her stander for the night. Gotta go!

~Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment