Madison's Birthday:

June 8, 2010

From the Word:

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart." Jeremiah 1:5

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Headed Back to Vanderbilt

Hello, all. I just wanted to post a quick note to our blog before we head to Vanderbilt tomorrow for Madison's first Spina Bifida Clinic visit. Spina Bifida clinic is basically a one-stop shop for all the medical disciplines relating to this condition. We take Madison to one location and all the doctors come to her- it's really a great concept considering we would otherwise be making 8 separate trips to Vanderbilt. We begin our day at 9:00 am and our last appointment starts at 2:30- if we stay on schedule which I doubt we will. On the schedule for tomorrow is 3 ultrasounds, a urology and neurology consult, physical and occupational therapy appointments, and a visit with a nutritionist. Needless to say it will be a long day for both Madison and her parents.

As I think about what tomorrow holds my immediate feelings are that of anxiety. And almost simultaneously I am reminded that the Lord tells me, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6 My head tells me that the visits will be fine and we have nothing to worry about. My momma's heart is afraid we will get a bad report about something or that Madison is not making the kind of progress they would like to see. So, I am left with no choice but to ignore my head and my heart and listen to the Holy Spirit and rest in Him. It's not easy to do but I am praying, as His Word tells me to, that we will have a great day tomorrow and that God would release me from my anxiety. The next verse after Phil. 4:6 is what I will cling to tomorrow. "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Dustin and I would ask that you keep our family in your prayers tomorrow. We believe in being specific when we pray and these are the things we're praying for:

1. Safe travel to and from Vanderbilt.
2. Appropriate healing will be observed from both of Madison's surgeries and her 3 scars.
3. Ultrasound will reveal healthy functioning kidneys/bladder and that we can decrease Madison's caths-if they feel she's doing better with voiding on her own.
4. Doctors will not be concerned over Madison's lack of feeling in her feet- we're hoping this is something that will improve over time.
5. Madison will have gained significant amounts of weight.
6. Therapists will observe significant strength and movement improvement and therapy will not be necessary. I'm going to suggest that if they do not believe she demonstrates proper strength and movement that they try changing her clothes. That'll show 'em. It's like trying to wrangle an angry bull.
7. Overall good bill of health for Madison.
8. Peace of mind for mommy and daddy.
9. Rest for all of us on Monday night- tomorrow will be a terribly long day and will exhaust us.

Before I go I just want to say thank you to you for taking time to read our blog. Almost everyday we hear of people who are following our blog and we are amazed at how far-reaching this web page has become. We know that many of you pray for us each time you read it and your prayers have made an eternal impact on our family. Thank you for sharing this blog with your friends, families, and co-workers so that they can take part in this story and stand in prayer with us that God continue His miraculous healing of Madison Grace.

I look forward to posting on Tuesday all the great news we will receive from Madison's doctors at her first Spina Bifida Clinic visit.

Take care! Be blessed!

~Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment